Saturday, April 1, 2017

MFT Sketch Challenge #362: Space Explorer

For the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge #362 I decided to again pull out the Space Explorer set. It is so hard to stay away from this stamp set. I love making the galaxy backgrounds and coloring the space explorer lets me practice with my Copics, so this set is probably my current favorite.
I created the background with Distress Inks, spritzed on some water and splattered it with white paint flecks for stars. I cut a rounded panel to give the illusion of a planet and colored little circles on it make it look like it was covered in rock and craters and popped that up on the galaxy panel.
 I colored the images with Copics and cut them out with the matching dies. I colored a piece of white twine with a gray Copic marker and attached it to the back of the space boy and the rocket. I popped the rocket up on foam dots and adhered the space boy to a mini action wobbler.
 These action wobblers are new to me, they are so fun! I attached the other planets with double sided tape and white heat embossed the sentiment to finish off the card. I have the hardest time getting my card panels on straight, I almost always have something hanging off somewhere so please forgive the bits of white. 
Thanks for taking a look! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tommie, you are the winner of my blog candy. Please send your mailing address to runningwscissors@earthlink.net. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete