Friday, April 21, 2017

SSS Wednesday Challenge - Showers or Flowers

For this week the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is Flowers or Showers, so I went with flowers! Unfortunately my paper cutter needs a new blade so forgive my fuzzy edges, :(. 
I used the beautiful flowers from both Simon Says Stamps Spring Flowers and More Spring Flowers sets. I heat embossed them on gray card stock with clear embossing powder. 
Then I went to town with my Distress Oxide inks, I first colored all of the flowers in with pretty heavy coat, then while it was still wet I sprinkled each of the colors all over the image. I did some partial drying then splashed on some clear water mixed with shimmer. Then picked up some color with a paper towel. 
I came back in with a light gray Copic marker to add some shading. I used the smile die from the My Favorite Things Sending Smiles set. I also used their Stitched Basic Edges to cut the panels for the top, bottom and center. 
I adhered everything to a pale purple card base and added a few sequins to finish it off!
 Thank you for coming over to take a look! 
This car was totally inspired by a card that Michelle from @CraftCradle created!

1 comment:

  1. hello! super fun design and background...luv the shimmery sentiment! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete