Wednesday, April 5, 2017

SSS Monday Challenge - Rainbows!

The theme for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week is Rainbows, they are also focusing on Tim Holtz products, there is no better time to pull out my distress inks! 
Using my Misit to ensure both panels were identical I stamped the WPlus9 Doodle Buds all over two pieces of Distress Water Color card stock and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. 
 I water colored each piece with distress inks, I used every color in the rainbow! Each panel was colored the same but I used a lot of concentrated ink for the main panel and used really diluted pale color for the second. I then used the My Favorite Things Happy Birthday Centerpieces die-namic to cut the the "Happy Birthday" from lighter panel. 
 Then I adhered the "Happpy Birthday" to the darker panel lining up the images so the design is seamless between the layers. I added a shadow to the letters with a Copic multi liner to help them pop a bit more. 
 I then added some sparkle with a Spectrum Nior Sparkle Pen, but only on the darker panel. Then I die cut the whole thing with the largest of the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle Dies and added it to a bright yellow card base.
Thank you so much for taking a look!
I am also entering this card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Happy Birthday! 

1 comment:

  1. Adorable card! love love love this technique and the result is fabulous! Thanks for joining us this week on Monday Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete