Friday, March 31, 2017

Wood Hello Spring Flowers.

I found this pack of adhesive backed wood veneer at Target on clearance, and I wondered if I could die cut it. Well it turns out it cuts beautifully!
I stamped the two main flowers with the Simon Says Stamp Spring Flowers set and heat embossed them with silver embossing powder, then I stamped the other flowers and leaves in versamark ink, I really like the watermark on dark grey paper. 
For the hello die cut I sort of lightly tapped it with the versa mark pad toward the middle and applied more pressure toward the bottom. When I applied the embossing powder I also brushed some away towards the middle leaving heavy cover toward the bottom of the word. This give it a dipped in silver look. 
I originally put it on a black background but that wasn't quite right, so kind of pounced the embossing powder around the edge of a white panel and sprinkled the embossing powder around the edges. The lighter coating created this bumpy almost hammered look.
I am extremely happy with the way this card turned out. I appreciate you stopping by to take a look! 



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous, beautiful card, I think I need that flower set.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete