Monday, March 27, 2017

Simon Says Stamp April 2017 Kit, Penguin!

I adore penguins, I have for as long as I can remember. When the first sneak peek was posted for this kit and I saw the penguin I started counting down the days. I got my kit in the mail today just in time for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, Things with Wings. I certainly think this little guy fits the bill.
For the first card I masked the penguin and blended the Simon Stamp inks included with the kit around the mask, I used the Orange Slush, Lemon Zest and Key Lime. I then masked his little flipper so I could have him holding a heart.
I colored the images and sentiment with Copic markers. I used the green Lawn Fawn plaid paper that came with the kit, cut with the largest of the Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle dies, to frame the stamped panel, and adhered it to a card base.
The second card was super simple single layer card, I stamped the penguin masked him off to stamp the heart images behind him and again I had to mask his flipper so he could hold a heart. 
I did some simple coloring with Copic markers. I added a few details with a white gel pen and it was finished! I am wild about this penguin! 
This is the first Simon Says Stamp card kit I have gotten and I have to say I am pleased. This is also my first time using Simon inks, I love them and will surely be getting more, they blended really nicely and the colors are nice and vibrant. 
Thank you for coming by to take a look!




2 comments:

  1. What a super cute card and I love the ink blended background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such cute cards and your soft, diffused inky background looks fantastic with the stamped image! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete