Tuesday, March 28, 2017

MFT Doodle Blooms Emboss Resist

I really love the flowers from the new MFT Doodle Blooms kit that came in last week and I also recently got the new Distress Oxide inks so I though I needed to create a card using both.
First I created an ink blended background on Bristol smooth card stock using Worn Lipstick, Cracked Pistachio,  Broken China and Wilted Violet.
Then I stamped the blooms from the kit on the background in Versamark and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. 
After they were all embossed I used the sponge blenders and Distress ink in Black Soot and Hickory Smoke, concentrating the black toward the outer edge and the grey toward the center.  I have seen this called emboss resist and Joseph's Coat, I was worried the thinner lines in this set would not work but I was pretty pleased with the effect. 
I then heat embossed the sentiment on a piece of torn vellum folded it under both sides and stuck it down. I also added a few sequins, for some reason they look kinda yellow in photos but in reality reflect pinks, blues and purples. 

Thanks for taking a look! 





No comments:

Post a Comment